Due to current state rules on the reopening on gyms in phase 1 of the COVID-19 reopening plans, pools are not allowed to be open in gyms. Our pool is currently closed to our members. We will open the pool as soon as the state allows gyms to open their pools to their members. As a result of the pool being closed we are also not allowed to conduct swim lessons. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Why MVF&H’s Lessons?
- Private lessons—your child will always receive one-on-one attention.
- Clean, updated facilities with upgraded equipment.
- Experienced, high quality instructors.
- A fun, unique environment that will encourage water safety and quick learning.
- $120: 8, 30 minute sessions (member cost)
- Upon request!
- Waterbabies (6months-3 years): Parent is required to be in the water with the child.
- Tadpole: Get comfortable in the water. Submerge face, front and back float with support, kicking on front and back with support, and entering and exiting the water independently.
- Guppy: Float on front and back unsupported for 5 seconds, swim on front 5 yards without assistance, swim on back 5 yards without assistance, and retrieve objects under water chest deep.
- Minnow: Swim in the front crawl for 10 yards, swim in the back crawl for 10 yards, and bob in water over the swimmer’s head.
- Slick Seal: Deep water bobs, elementary backstroke for 10 yards, front & back crawl for three lengths of the swimming pool, breaststroke & sidestroke kick with kick board
- Willy Walrus: Front & back crawl for six lengths of the pool, breaststroke & sidestroke for 10 yards, and elementary backstroke for three lengths of the pool.
- Park Shark: Flip turns, butterfly, long distance front & back crawl, breaststroke, and sidestroke. Tread water for 5 minutes.
- Other appointment times may be approved upon request.
- Pre-Lesson questionnaires MUST be completed before a swimmer will be
allowed into the pool.
- If swimmer is under 18, A parent is required to be available by phone
during the lesson. A parent is required to be present and in the pool
during the “Waterbabies” course.
- A swimmer’s level will be determined by a combination of age and swim
ability. Ask an instructor if you have questions.
- If an appointment must be cancelled, 24 hour notice is required.