Mountain Valley Fitness & Health is looking for a part time fitness instructor.
We are seeking an individual or individuals with a strong interest in fitness and the human body, and a passion for sharing their knowledge with people of all ages.
Preferred fitness class we are looking to develop include, Yoga, H.I.I.T, Individual Swim Lessons, Water Aerobics, General Fitness Classes.
We are looking to hire one applicant that can perform all these activities or several applicants whose skills span across the areas listed above. Applicant does not have to be skilled in all the class areas that we are looking to develop.
Job duties include instructing 1-hour fitness classes with 6-12 people per class. Developing activities to change up direction of classes. Developing material for new classes. Demonstrating workouts or activities to class. Applicant must be willing to take and pass a back-ground check and be able to lift and move 50 pounds.
Skills and Experience
- Prior experience teaching/instructing fitness classes is preferred but not required. If applicant has not taught fitness classes, they must have at least a strong knowledge of fitness classes.
- Professional demeanor and appearance with a promptness for being on time.
- Passion for fitness and health.
- Knowledge of fitness exercises.
- Communication skills, especially in front of groups of people.
- Compassion for helping people improve their lives.
- Compassion and patience for the elderly.
- Must have or be willing to obtain a CPR card, or a BLS with water endorsement for Swim Lessons and Water Aerobics.
Applicants with prior fitness & health experience will be selected for interviews over applicants without fitness & health experience. Applicants are not required to be certified in all areas listed but applicants with certificates will be given preferred interview status.
Your next step…
- If you are currently considering employment, contact our Human Resources department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are not currently looking for employment, ask to be put on our mailing list for our specials and other activities.
- If you know someone who you think would be an asset to our team, ask for a referral card.
For career opportunities, please contact us via:
Phone: (541) 663-0462
Fax: (541) 975-2720
You may also send a resume and completed employment application to:
Mountain Valley Fitness & Health
Attention: Human Resources
2519 Cove Avenue
La Grande, OR 97850
Click here for APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT