Mountain Valley Fitness & Health is now offering private and group swim lessons!
Why MVF&H’s Lessons?
- Private lessons—your child will always receive one-on-one attention.
- Clean, updated facilities with upgraded equipment.
- Experienced, high quality instructors.
- A fun, unique environment that will encourage water safety and quick learning.
- $120: 8, 30 minute sessions (member cost)
- Upon request!
- Waterbabies (6months-3 years): Parent is required to be in the water with the child.
- Tadpole: Get comfortable in the water. Submerge face, front and back float with support, kicking on front and back with support, and entering and exiting the water independently.
- Guppy: Float on front and back unsupported for 5 seconds, swim on front 5 yards without assistance, swim on back 5 yards without assistance, and retrieve objects under water chest deep.
- Minnow: Swim in the front crawl for 10 yards, swim in the back crawl for 10 yards, and bob in water over the swimmer’s head.
- Slick Seal: Deep water bobs, elementary backstroke for 10 yards, front & back crawl for three lengths of the swimming pool, breaststroke & sidestroke kick with kick board
- Willy Walrus: Front & back crawl for six lengths of the pool, breaststroke & sidestroke for 10 yards, and elementary backstroke for three lengths of the pool.
- Park Shark: Flip turns, butterfly, long distance front & back crawl, breaststroke, and sidestroke. Tread water for 5 minutes.
- Lessons may be scheduled on Tuesdays or Thursdays from 5:30 to 6:30
- Other appointment times may be approved upon request.
- Pre-Lesson questionnaires MUST be completed before a swimmer will be
allowed into the pool.
- If swimmer is under 18, A parent is required to be available by phone
during the lesson. A parent is required to be present and in the pool
during the “Waterbabies” course.
- A swimmer’s level will be determined by a combination of age and swim
ability. Ask an instructor if you have questions.
- If an appointment must be cancelled, 24 hour notice is required.